Mid Mechanical Engineer
SC, GA, PA, or TN
The position is based in Greer, SC.; Augusta, GA.; Pittsburgh, PA.; or Knoxville, TN. This position performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, or processes. He/she understands the objectives of the area and related regulatory and/or industry requirements and practices. Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, and AD&D insurance.
· Independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to concurrent engineering projects. Applies engineering judgment in making adaptations and modifications to projects.
· Experience delivering projects utilizing AutoCAD and Revit
· Possesses strong technical skills and understanding of interdisciplinary design processes
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in the building Mechanical industry for Industrial and/or Commercial projects, 10 years or more experience preferred.
· Proficient at leading Mechanical projects with multiple team members
· Takes initiative to coordinate with other disciplines including Electrical, Structural, Architectural, and Process
· Experienced in matching scope and deliverables to the project schedule and budget
· Experienced in Industrial and Commercial HVAC systems such as Industrial Ventilation, Heating and Air Conditioning to meet Process and building needs, and dust collection
· Experienced in Industrial and Commercial Mechanical utility systems such as chilled water, cooling tower water, heating water, steam and condensate, compressed air, natural gas, and water
· Experienced in Mechanical calculations such as HVAC load calculation, and air and water pressure drop calculations
· Experience in Plumbing and Fire Protection systems preferred .
· Proficient in generating drawing and specification packages for equipment and systems that are suitable for bidding and construction
· Comfortable with field work including information gathering during design, support during construction, and troubleshooting during and after start-up
· EIT certification required, Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
· Industrial, Chemical, or Manufacturing design experience required
· Must be a self-starter with a high motivation level
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
· Most work to be performed in office environment with periodic visits to project sites and/or short term field assignments