Junior Mid Electrical Engineer
SC, GA, PA, or TN
The position is based in Greer, SC.; Augusta, GA.; Pittsburgh, PA.; or Knoxville, TN. This position performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, or processes. He/she understands the objectives of the area and related regulatory and/or industry requirements and practices. Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, and AD&D insurance.
· Independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to concurrent engineering projects. Applies engineering judgment in making adaptations and modifications to projects.
· Experience delivering projects utilizing AutoCAD and Revit
· Job functions will include: engineering calculations, studies, detailed design, report writing, and field investigations
· Interacts with Discipline Leads and other engineers.
· Demonstrates advanced ability to work with various engineering software packages in standalone or network configurations
· Possesses strong technical skills and understanding of interdisciplinary design processes
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload
· Experience with a focus on medium and low voltage power systems
· Experience with Transformer & Generator Sizing / Specifications
· Knowledge of NEC and API recommended Practices
· Knowledge of grounding practices
EIT certification required, Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
Industrial, Chemical, or Manufacturing design experience required
Must be a self-starter with a high motivation level
Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
Most work to be performed in office environment with periodic visits to project sites and/or short term field assignments