Advanced Electrical & Instrumentation Designer
SC, GA, PA or TN
The position is based in Greer, SC.; Augusta, GA.; Pittsburgh, PA.; or Knoxville, TN . This position is responsible for preparing drawings and sketches using CAD workstations, appropriate design criteria, and technical manual often working closely with engineers to coordinate designs. The incumbent has deep knowledge of procedures and technical concepts within own area and understands regulations and standards for own area. He/she evaluates and resolves problems by reviewing multiple sources of information and drawing conclusions, and assists less experienced team members in using technology. This position completes a variety of non-routine technical assignments independently.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, and AD&D insurance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Typically takes a personal lead in completing daily tasks and understanding personal task requirements.
· Demonstrates familiarity with basic CAD operations such that the individual is capable of functioning on the project team.
· Checks own work for errors and omissions prior to submittal to reviewer.
· Demonstrates familiarity with Century 3’s standard software.
· Demonstrates familiarity with using Century 3’s CAD standards, drawing management system and plotting software.
· Takes responsibility for their portion of the discipline’s scope, schedule and budget.
Qualifications (Education, Experience & Certifications):
· High School or Trade School or Associates Degree or equivalent experience; some college level courses preferred.
· 7 – 15 years’ experience preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
· The ability to drive a company vehicle to and from a client site.
· The ability to lift 10 pounds regularly.
· The ability to respond quickly to sounds.
· The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
· The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations at client sites.
· The ability to safely climb ladders.
· The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day.