This position is responsible for managing the procurement function to effectively plan, coordinate, and control execution of the procurement activities on the project. The candidate is responsible to the Project Manager for delivering results regarding on-time performance, cost savings, and quality; achieving project objectives and value-added expectations; and compliance with established policies and procedures. The candidate has thorough knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles, and practices, as applied in the engineering and construction industry; project delivery processes; and relationship expectations with suppliers, subcontractors, clients, and the project team. The candidate understands how the procurement functions integrate with and impacts other functions in the project delivery process. Possesses excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and educational assistance.
· Manage procurement resources and direct procurement activities required to support the planning and execution of assigned projects.
· Represent Procurement at company or project strategy coordination meetings.
· Engage in business development and proposal support activities. Act as the focal point for all matters relating to the acquisition of goods and services for a project during the proposal process.
· Develop a key supplier and contractor program and qualification process that establishes a regular cadence of review and assists to align C3 and suppliers on key project pursuits and KPI’s.
· Maintain a network of suppliers and preferred contractors to understand capabilities and preferred industries and geographies for engagement.
· Provide the necessary written and pricing/cost information in support of the proposal process. Provide budget estimates for Procurement labor hours as well as for anticipated materials, equipment, and services in support of the proposal process.
· Provide preliminary risk assessment related to the Procurement activities assumed by the proposed Prime Contract. Provide a preliminary strategy for procurement execution including any mitigation of risk assumed by the proposed Prime Contract.
· Participate in proposal reviews of business opportunities as the Procurement representative for the project at those reviews.
· Plan for and budget all the Procurement resources and systems necessary to support projects.
· Understand and be aware of changing market conditions with regard to trends in the pricing of materials, equipment and services.
· Participate in development of Project Execution Plans.
· Maintain performance metrics to measure the performance of the project procurement team with regard to cost savings, on-time performance, and quality of goods and services.
· Assist in the resolution of purchase order and subcontract disputes.
· Effectively communicate within and with the Client on Procurement issues.
· Review major purchase orders and subcontracts prior to execution and participate in all major negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors.
· Degree in Business, Law, Engineering, Construction, Supply Management or other applicable field, and training in procurement.
· Minimum of 12 years of Procurement experience, with 7 years in the engineering and construction industry.
· Significant experience in managing procurement operations on projects, including drafting and formulating contracts, bidding, negotiating, and administering major purchase orders and subcontracts.
· Must be a self-starter with a high motivation level
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
· Most work to be performed in office environment with periodic visits to project sites and/or short-term field assignments. Some flexibility with remote work expected.
· Some travel required (Irregular +/-20%)