Construction Manager – Home Office
This position oversees the team of Construction Management professionals and support levels in project/program construction activities. This position contributes to the organization by leading the delivery of construction projects (or the construction portion of an EPC/EPCM project) for the firm’s external clients. This role has a demonstrated understanding and application of the knowledge and competencies required of a construction manager; mastery of individual competencies evident in selected areas; a demonstrated understanding and application of the BD/PD process; and is familiar with most of the technologies and delivery methods underpinning the project solution to be delivered. The candidate can manage a construction project across various industries and understands how projects impact the company’s performance. The candidate is responsible to the Project Manager for delivering results regarding on-time performance, cost savings, and quality; achieving project objectives and value-added expectations; and compliance with established policies and procedures. Possesses excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and educational assistance.
· Helps establish and lead a proactive safety culture and safe work protocols for all project sites.
· Has demonstrated the capability to manage a large construction project of above average complexity.
· Acts as one of the company’s prime contacts with the client and is responsible for overall construction work progress and technical performance on the project.
· Works with company management and project delivery leadership who provide oversight and mentoring. Supports the development of less experienced construction managers through active coaching and mentoring.
· Ability to leverage existing industry suppliers and resources to build project teams to effectively deliver industrial projects.
· Understands construction scheduling, risk management and how to leverage contracting strategies to mitigate overall project risk to best benefit the effective delivery of the project
· Oversees project services group (project control, procurement, and estimating)
· Leads and manages the construction project team through Front End Loading, Project buyout contract negotiations, site mobilization, execution, and demobilization activities, consistent with established project delivery processes to ensure the orderly, efficient, and timely completion of the project scope in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents.
· Onsite activities may include construction supervision, field administration, procurement, and field engineering.
· Completes the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that company’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management; business and policy expectations are met.
· Leads or plays a significant role in the business development activities leading to the award of the contract. This typically includes client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, orals presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes.
· Degree in Engineering, Construction or another applicable field.
· Minimum of 15 years of on-site experience.
· Must be a self-starter with a high motivation level.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
· Most work to be performed in office environment with periodic visits to project sites and/or field assignments as project needs dictate.